Crafting in The Division 2
Before you can start to craft, you need to find and recruit Inaya al-Khaliq to the base of operations. You can do so by finishing the Wahsington Hotel Mission and return to Odessa in The Theater. After that you can simply talk to her on the same level that the door with Odessa is, near the western ramp. Then she will be in the crafting room close to where you can upgrade your skills.
Secondly you need blueprints. Those can be gained by completing certain tasks like projects.
When you craft weapon mods, they are created and stay with you forever, you can use them in as many guns as you like.
A total of 177 blueprints are available. 58 are weapons, 77 are mods and misc, and then 7 each for the 6 gear slots.
You craft items according to your level, so if you are level 7, your weapons and gear will also be level 7.
After you progress through the game for a while, you will be awarded a blueprint for upgrading the work bench. Until you do, the workbench will only keep producing specialized items. You will also get upgrade blueprints once you reach the endgame content, for each worldtier.
- Superior: ?
- High-end: ? (Upgrades to 250 Gear Score)
- World Tier 1: 2509 Credits, 75 Polycarbonate, 75 Titanium, 10 Printer Filament
- World Tier 2: 2794 Credits, 90 Steel, 80 Electronics, 15 Printer Filament (Upgrades to 300-330 Gear Score)
- World Tier 3: 3577 Credits, 100 Ceramics, 90 Titanium, 20 Printer Filament (Upgrades to 350-385 Gear Score)
- World Tier 4: 4672 Credits, 120 Polycarbonate, 120 Electronics, 25 Printer Filament (Upgrades to 400-440 Gear Score)
- World Tier 5: ?
There are different types of materials. The higher the quality level the more rare it is.
Quality above the blue category, can only be obtained by deconstruction of gear. Printer filament is only gained by deconstruction mods (gear mods and skill mods).
White: Receiver Components, Protective Fabric
Green: Steel, Ceramics, Polycarbonate
Blue: Carbon Fiber, Electronics, Titanium
Purple: Printer Filament