The Dark Zone in The Division 2
The dark zones are walled off areas where you can encounter other players who may attack you. It's also where dangerous enemies are and high value loot is very common.
To unlock the Dark Zone you need first to find and recruit Senait Ezera to the base of operations. You can then find her in the upper level on the eastern side of the floor.
Once you found something in a dark zone, you need to extract it by bringing it to an extraction zone, shoot a flare and then wait for the helo to arrive. Once it did, you need to attach your loot (maximum 4 loot drops can be attached) and then wait for the loot to be pulled back on board. The loot can be cut down by another player until it's pulled back on board, so guard it carefully.
A player may choose to go rogue (button press, hijacking loot, or hacking) and is then attackable by other players. There are rewards for surviving going rogue, but more details are yet to come. There is a "rogue-light" variant that involves hacking and a special place called the thieves den which players can get access to.
Dark Zone Perks
These perks are very different than the standard ones. You can unlock them for free once you reached the needed tier. But you can only unlock one per tier. If you want to change it, you can respec though and pay a small fee to choose another perk.
Tier 1, DZ level 1
- Bag Space: Grants 1 additional contaminated item inventory slot
Tier 2, DZ level 5
- Terminator: 25% increased Dark Zone XP for eliminating other players
- Sight Seeing: 25% increased Dark Zone XP from clearing landmarks
- Breakin'the Law: 25% increased Dark Zone XP for surviving a rogue timer
Tier 3, DZ level 10
- Daily Winner: Daily reward(s) from the DZ Safe house
Tier 4, DZ level 15
- Sleight of Hand: 10% reduction in time to complete rogue actions
- Bounceback: Rogue cooldown reduced by 10%
Tier 5, DZ level 20
- Keeper: 50% chance to automatically secure 1 dropped contaminated item on death
Tier 6, DZ level 25
- Keymaster: 25% chance to acquire DZ keys from loot crates in a DZ
- Explosions!: 25% chance to acquire grenades from loot crates in a DZ
- Medic: 25% chance to acquire armor kits from loot crates in a DZ
Tier 7, DZ level 30
- Vanish: Nameplate visibility to other agents is reduced while rogue
- X-Ray Eyes: Rogue nameplate detection range increased
Tier 8, DZ level 35
- More Loot: Additional rewards for completing DZ alerts and clearing landmarks
Tier 9, DZ level 40
- Double Daily Winner: Additional daily rewards from the DZ safe house
- Daily rewards available in the Thieves' Den
Tier 10, DZ level 45
- Keep It Clean: 10% increased chance for contaminated item to drop
Tier 11, DZ level 50
- Get to the chopper: 25% faster extraction arrival time
- Can't Catch Me!: 25% faster manhunt bounty clearing
- On Your Feet, Soldier: %25% faster revive of other SHD agents while SHD
- Dark Deeds: 25% increased Thieves' Den Triangulation added from rogue actions