WARNING: This information is from the beta version of The Division 2 and is subject to change. Take it with a grain of salt, thank you.
Gear is split into these gear slots:
For each of these slots you can find gear that will give you additional status effects, along side of armor value.
A higher quality item, or higher level, doesn't automatically mean it works better for you. Check the bonuses and values carefully before switching gear.
There are gear mods of various kinds, but little is known about them. It appears though that higher gear has usually more gear mod slots, and that the number of slots can vary on the same piece. If you have more mod slots, you might have less fixed bonuses on a piece of gear. Gear Mods are split into Gear System Mods and Gear Protocol Mods.
Gear can present in different qualities. The higher the quality the more attributes the gear might have, including mod slots and talents.
The quality is the same as for weapons, from worst to best:
- Worn (White)
- Standard (Green)
- Specialized (Blue)
- Superior (Purple)
- High-End (Yellow)
Starting at Specialized gear, it can also have talents. Higher quality gear can have multiple talents.
- Hard Hitting: +15% damage to elites
- Spotter: +10% weapon damage to pulsed enemies
- Capacitive: +20% skill duration
- Terminate: Depleting an enemies armor grants +35% skill damage for 15s
- Self Adjusting: +20% armor regeneration
- Hardened: +10% Armor
- Insulated: +10% hazard protection
- To Order: Grenades can now be "cooked" by holding the fire button, making them explode earlier
- Destructive: +20% explosive damage
Many gear items can also be of a specific brand, which gives you extra bonuses to the existing ones. For each additional gear item of the same brand, you get an additional bonus unlocked (so far, 1 to 3 bonuses).
So far, these brands have been spotted in the game:
- Providence Defense: +10% Skill Power, +8% Health, +5% Weapon Damage
- Sokolov Concern: +10% SMG Damage, +8% Critical Hit Damage, +15 Seeker Skill Power
- Richter & Kaiser GmbH: +10% Hazard Protection, +20% Pistol Damage, +15 Shield Skill Power
- Wyvern Wear: +7% Critical Hit Damage, +15% Drone Skill Power, +10% Critical Hit Chance
- Badger Tuff: +7% Damage to Elites, +15% Armor % on Kill, +15 Chem Launcher Skill Power
- Gila Guard: +5% Total Armor, +20% Hazard Protection, +15 Pulse Skill Power
- Airaldi Holdings: +10% Accuracy, +10% Headshot Damage, +10% Marksman Rifle Damage
- Overlord Armaments: +10% Rifle Damage, +7.5% Total Armor, +7% Damage to Elites
- Alps Summit Armament: +10% Cooldown Reduction, +5% Skill Power, +15 Hive Skill Power
- Douglas & Harding: +5% Accuracy, +10% Chritical Hit Damage, +7% Critical Hit Chance
- China Light Industries Corporation: +10% Explosive Damage, +10% Shotgun Damage, +10% Cooldown Reduction
- Petrov Devense Group: +10% LMG Damage, +15 Turret Skill Power, +10% Cooldown Reduction
- Fenris Group AB: +10% Assault Rifle Damage, +10% Protection from Elites, +20% Health on Kill